Eligibility requirements for application for municipal housing include
Applicants are sought twice a year (spring and fall). The application period is announced in the city bulletin "Shisei Dayori (City Administration News)." Since some facilities accept applications for single-member households, please call the Municipal Housing and Development Department, Kawasaki Housing Corporation (Tel: 044-244-7578) of the City Office for more information.
* For information on prefectural housing, please call the Kanagawa Prefecture Housing Maintenance Section (Tel: 045-210-6557).
If you rent private housing in Japan, a guarantor is usually required. If you cannot find a guarantor, there is a public support program for housing opportunities. Eligibility requirements for application to the program include:
* The guarantor fee for a two-year contract is 35% of one month’s rent and management fee.
* The real estate agents for which this support program can be used is limited to cooperating offices in the city.
For more information, please call the Kawasaki International Association (Tel: 044-435-7000) or Housing Maintenance Section (Tel: 044-200-2997) of the City Office.
* The Kanagawa Prefecture Government also has a Support Center for Housing (Tel: 045-228-1752).
(Volunteer interpreters are available.)
* Renters must purchase "Household goods" insurance(renewed once every tow years).